OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
When you volunteer, a Short-Term Volunteer Information Form needs to be completed. You can find it HERE. Please print, complete, and return to Dee Henry when you arrive to help.
Empty boxes are available at the church | Filled boxes can be brought to TSF November 16-23 any of the following times:
- Monday, 11.16 : 11 AM - 1 PM
- Tuesday, 11.17: 11 AM - 1 PM
- Wednesday, 11.18: 11 AM - 1 PM and 6 - 8 PM
- Thursday, 11.19: 11 AM - 1PM and 6 - 8 PM
- Friday, 11.20: 11 AM - 1 PM
- Saturday, 11.21: 10 AM - 2 PM
- Sunday, 11.22: 12 PM - 3 PM
- Monday, 11.23: 11 AM - 12 PM
“The COVID-19 global pandemic has disrupted everyday life in some way for nearly everyone on the planet. Yet, Samaritan’s Purse continues to share the eternal hope of the Gospel and to serve in Jesus’ Name. We want boys and girls around the world to know that God loves them and has not forgotten them during this time of fear and uncertainty. We are trusting God as we make plans to traditionally collect Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes during National Collection Week, November 16-23, 2020 and our staff is already preparing for any adjustments that need to be made in light of the current health crisis.”
Since 1993, more than 168 million boys and girls in over 160 countries have experienced God's love through the power of simple shoebox gifts from Operation Christmas Child. Samaritan's Purse works with local churches and ministry partners to deliver the gifts and share the life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ.
Please don’t underestimate the value of these shoebox gifts. They are needed this year MORE THAN EVER! As the Corona virus has spread, causing untold suffering, children need to hear of the Good News of Great Joy. They need the hope found only in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many have never even heard His Name. Every gift-filled shoebox is a tangible expression of God’s love. As children come to faith and are discipled through The Greatest Journey, they tell their friends and family about Christ. As a result, families and communities are transformed, and new churches are planted.
Here’s what to expect for National Collection Week (NCW) at Tri-State Fellowship, November 16-23, 2020:
- SAFE DROP-OFFS: We will provide resources and accommodations for safe drop offs during NCW. Details to come.
- CENTRAL DROP-OFF LOCATION: in addition to being a collection site as in other years, in 2020, TSF will become a Central Drop Off location for the larger area, collecting and transporting cartons from other area collection sites to a main hub. Please pray for our new endeavor.
We know it can be difficult to shop for and collect items for shoe boxes this year, so here are a few options to help. Of course, you may still pack a box as you have normally done, but here are some ideas if the traditional method is not for you this year:
- Build a box on line for $25 (includes the $9 shipping cost). You can choose which age and gender, pick your items for that box, and add a note or picture. Then you will be notified where the box went. This is an amazing option when shopping isn’t feasible - or for whatever reason. You can also have your box packed in memory of someone, to honor a special event in someone’s life, etc. Click the green link above. (OCC recommends this option for this year especially.)
- Travel to the Shoebox Supply House in Shippensburg and purchase items for your own packing parties. This is a nice road trip. To get on the email list contact John Bradford at email@example.com or check them out on their Facebook page, ‘Shoebox Supply House’, for a list of items to purchase along with their hours.
- For those a distance from Shippensburg, or who are limited by Covid-19 concerns, the ShoeBox Supply House in Shippensburg will pack shoe boxes for you at their warehouse! For $15.50 (includes $9 shipping) they will fill a shoebox and make sure it gets delivered during NCW. Though you won’t be able to select items, the folks at the warehouse will make thoughtful choices from items they have available. Contact John Bradford at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested, or for more information.